There are now open expressions of hatred for gringos (white Americans) by many Mexicans who claim that the Americans “stole” their land in the Mexican/American War of 1848. A PEW poll found that 58% of Mexicans believe that the Southwest United States belong to them and that they don’t need permission to travel and live here. They also resent the lack of respect shown to them by their northern neighbors.
As a result, a majority of illegals and a significant number of legal immigrants have latched on to the Reconquista, an attempt to recapture the lost territory by demographic domination. That means populating the area with millions of Mexicans with dual citizenship (American and Mexican), then electing Mexicans to office at all levels and forcing the whites and other undesirables from the region. This is being done with the support of the Mexican government and George Bush, who wants to merge Mexico, Canada, and America by 2010 into a European Union type of arrangement with open borders.
The Mexican “radicals” who are promoting this invasion of American territory are openly declaring that this is their goal. Millions of Mexicans in the U.S. engage in protests, marches, and violence to aidthe reconquista. They even boast about it verbally and in large banners for all to see.
The following comments from Mexicans, Mexican/Americans and others clearly reveal their intentions.
- “The time has come, this is what people (Mexicans) are saying on the street, where we need to stand up and make a statement. We need to do what the American people did when they pulled away from the British crown. And I am sure that back in those days many people were concerned that was radical action. And they advised against participating and taking arms against the British Empire.” [Lou Dobbs show, 04/26/06]
- That was Juan Jose Gutierrez, director of Latino Movement USA and a member of the steering committee of the Los Angeles branch of ANSWER [Act Now to Stop War and end Racism], a Marxist organization. He was also active in the marches by illegals in the Spring of 2006. And yes, he was saying that the Mexican community in America is calling for a declaration of independence from the United States and he seemed to equate the armed rebellion by Americans against the British with the demands of illegal Mexicans who invaded this country.
- Professor Jose Angel Gutierrez, University of Texas, Arlington is quite active in this attempt to sieze a large part of the United States for Mexicans. Here are some of his comments for the Fort Worth Star Telegram, October 18, 2000 during an interview:
Q: What is irredentism [ethnic nationalism], and what evidence do you see that it is happening [in America]?
- Gutierrez: “The evidence is their display of their Mexicanness. …These folks now are engaged in active political activity in the U.S. which is unprecedented. They are truly binational citizens. It’s not uncommon to see undocumented Mexicans protesting in front of INS in downtown Dallas. …They have also now gotten dual citizenship. …These folks want it all. They want to recreate all of Mexico and join all of Mexico into one. And they are going to do that, even if it’s just demographically… They are going to have political sovereignty over the Southwest and many parts of the Midwest.”
- In the San Antonio Express and News (April 11, 1969) Gutierrez tried to explain what he meant by this quote: “We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is that if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him.”
- President of Mexico Ernesto Zedillo, speaking to the National Council of La Raza in Chicago on July 27, 1997, said: “I have proudly affirmed that the Mexican nation extends beyond the territory enclosed by its borders and that Mexican migrants are an important-a very important-part of it.”
- Mario Obledo, co-founder of Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF) and former Secretary of Health and Welfare, in 1998 said: “We’re going to take over all the political institutions in California. In five years the Hispanics are going to be the majority of this state.” It would be a Hispanic state and those who don’t like it, “…ought to go back to Europe.”
- Mexican Counsel General Jose Angel Pescador Osuna, speaking on February 6, 1998 at the Southwestern School of Law in Los Angeles: “We are practicing La Reconquista in California.”
- Professor Armando Navarro, University of California, Riverside declared: “A secessionest movement is not something that you can put away and say it is never going to happen in the United States. Time and history change.”
- Professor Charles Truxillo, University of New Mexico said that secession of the American Southwest is an “inevitability” because of the continuing massive Hispanic immigration and he would support that goal. He added: “We may rejoin Mexico… Throughout history, nations and empires rise and fall. No nation’s borders have been permanent.”
This is just a small sample of the feelings of a majority of the Mexican community in the United States. Many gringos from academia, business, and politics are contributing to this destruction of America because of their quest for either the end of the nation-state, cheap labor in order to compete with the third world, or votes, which no party will get once the breakup of America is achieved.
An excellent example of business support of massive illegal immigration is from Robert L. Bartley of the Wall Street Journal, who, in 1984 suggested a constitutional amendment: “There shall be open borders.”
And he again expressed his support in a July 2, 2002 editorial entitled: Open NAFTA Borders? Why Not?”