(Please have patience for this page to populate as the news is retreived from NumbersUSA.)
News about Illegal Aliens from across the USA.
- Sat, 15 Dec 2018 05:06:12 +0000: ICE ‘two steps behind’ in pursuit of illegal immigrant criminals - Boston Herald - "Illegal Alien" - Google News
ICE ‘two steps behind’ in pursuit of illegal immigrant criminals Boston Herald
The head of the New England ICE office is pleading with sanctuary cities to stop shielding illegal immigrants after a new report shows the agency netted nearly ...
- Sat, 15 Dec 2018 04:50:00 +0000: Inquiries launched into death of migrant girl in U.S. custody - Santa Fe New Mexican - "Illegal Alien" - Google News
Inquiries launched into death of migrant girl in U.S. custody Santa Fe New Mexican
A Guatemalan girl and her father were part of a large group of migrants who illegally crossed from Mexico into New Mexico in a remote stretch of desert near ...
- Fri, 14 Dec 2018 19:31:04 +0000: Angel Families call for stronger border security at US-Mexico border - - KUSI - "Illegal Alien" - Google News
Angel Families call for stronger border security at US-Mexico border - KUSI
SAN YSIDRO (KUSI) – The Angel Families, named for mothers whose loved ones were killed by illegal aliens, held a news conference at the US-Mexico border ...
- Fri, 14 Dec 2018 12:27:38 +0000: 'Unemployed For A Reason'? When should policy give up on sidelined workers? - NumbersUSA Education & Research Foundation - For Lower Immigration Levelsby Jeremy Beck
In recent years, the New York Times has reliably reported the best arguments for immigration expansion and periodic legalizations, but its story this week may be the furthest the Gray Lady has gone toward presenting arguments in favor of perpetual illegal immigration.
The story, if taken seriously, has profound implications.
- Fri, 14 Dec 2018 11:00:43 +0000: The Year Justice Caught Up With Trumpworld - The New York Times - "Illegal Alien" - Google News
The Year Justice Caught Up With Trumpworld The New York Times
Ever since the 2016 election, it's been common for some people to refer to whatever year we're in as a synonym for dystopian weirdness. (Last year, for example ...
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 19:56:31 +0000: Preventing Illegal Employment is Key to Deterring Illegal Immigration. | Heather Mac Donald - City Journal - "Illegal Alien" - Google News
Preventing Illegal Employment is Key to Deterring Illegal Immigration. | Heather Mac Donald City Journal
Donald Trump was elected president because a large segment of the American public was fed up with the government's failure to stop mass illegal immigration.
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 19:39:00 +0000: Jordahl's column on the border wall was short on facts, solutions | Barnum - Reno Gazette Journal - "Illegal Alien" - Google News
Jordahl's column on the border wall was short on facts, solutions | Barnum Reno Gazette Journal
Laiken Jordahl's guest column ("A trip through the embattled US-Mexico borderlands," Dec. 10) is as well-written as Cory Farley's columns — and it offers no ...
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 17:02:00 +0000: Botched handling of gangster refugee claimant exposes Canada's screening weaknesses - CBC.ca - "Illegal Alien" - Google News
Botched handling of gangster refugee claimant exposes Canada's screening weaknesses CBC.ca
Abdullahi Hashi Farah's candid confession about his gangster past clearly impressed the Immigration and Refugee Board officer who presided over his first ...
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 01:45:00 +0000: Theresa May survives no-confidence vote, but Brexit troubles still loom - Home - Hartford Courant
British Prime Minister Theresa May survived a political crisis over her Brexit deal Wednesday, winning a no-confidence vote by Conservative lawmakers that would have ended her leadership of party and country.
But the margin of victory — 200 votes to 117 — leaves May a weakened leader who has lost...
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 01:10:00 +0000: National Enquirer owner admits it buried stories to help Trump's presidential run - Home - Hartford Courant
The parent company of magazines including the National Enquirer, Us Weekly and In Touch has admitted to engaging in a journalistically dubious practice known as "catch-and-kill" in order to help Donald Trump become president.
Federal prosecutors revealed Wednesday they had agreed not to prosecute...
- Wed, 12 Dec 2018 22:00:00 +0000: Five Hartford police officers, shot on duty, are posthumously honored - Home - Hartford Courant
Two years ago, while talking to a friend, retired Hartford Police Sgt. Thomas Elwood learned that a fellow officer who was shot on duty never received a citation for his valor.
With a little digging, he discovered the officer wasn’t alone. Nine members of the force who served prior to 1974 — the...
- Wed, 12 Dec 2018 21:00:00 +0000: New Jersey sports betting market closing in on $1B mark - Home - Hartford Courant
New Jersey's sports betting market is closing in on the $1 billion dollar mark after less than six months of operation.
Figures released Wednesday by the state Division of Gaming Enforcement show New Jersey's casino and racetrack-based sports books took in over $330 million worth of bets in November....
- Wed, 12 Dec 2018 20:50:00 +0000: State files rebuttal fighting Cheshire killer Joshua Komisarjevsky's claim for new trial - Home - Hartford Courant
Joshua Komisarjevsky doesn’t deserve a new trial in the 2007 Cheshire murders, the state’s attorney’s office said Wednesday in a legal brief with the Supreme Court arguing to reject his appeal, which is based in part on the failure of the state to turn over a series of police phone calls from the...
- Wed, 12 Dec 2018 20:41:13 +0000: Worksite Enforcement Surged in FY18 - NumbersUSA Education & Research Foundation - For Lower Immigration Levels
ICE’s Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) division greatly expanded criminal investigations, business audits and arrests in fiscal year 2018. HSI conducted 6,848 worksite investigations compared to 1,691 in FY17, initiated 5,981 I-9 audits compared to 1,360; and made 779 criminal and 1,525 administrative arrests compared to 139 and 172.
- Wed, 12 Dec 2018 15:45:00 +0000: In booming job market, workers are leaving their employers with little notice - Home - Hartford Courant
Economists report that workers are starting to act like millennials on Tinder: They're ditching jobs with nary a text.
"A number of contacts said that they had been 'ghosted,' a situation in which a worker stops coming to work without notice and then is impossible to contact," the Federal Reserve...
- Wed, 12 Dec 2018 15:17:00 +0000: Former national security adviser Michael Flynn's lawyers ask judge to spare him prison time - Home - Hartford Courant
Lawyers for President Donald Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn are asking a judge to spare him prison time, saying he had devoted his career to his country and taken responsibility for an "uncharacteristic error in judgment."
The arguments to the judge Tuesday echoed those...
- Wed, 12 Dec 2018 14:00:14 +0000: Acting AG Whitaker Promotes 'Lawful' Immigration - NumbersUSA Education & Research Foundation - For Lower Immigration Levels
Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker called for increased border security and changes to asylum law in a speech to the local Department of Justice office in Austin, Texas on Tuesday. Whitaker said the United States needs to close up loopholes that allow illegal aliens to falsely claim asylum in the United States, allowing them to stay in the United States for an extended period of time.
- Wed, 12 Dec 2018 01:55:00 +0000: France shooting: At least 3 killed, more wounded in Strasbourg attack, official says - Home - Hartford Courant
France's interior minister says a gunman "sowed terror" in three parts of the eastern city of Strasbourg, including a famous Christmas market, with a shooting spree that killed three people and left six others with serious injuries.
Earlier police union officials had said four people were killed....
- Wed, 12 Dec 2018 01:39:17 +0000: Acting Attorney General Speaks Out on Immigration in Austin - Texas Monthly - "Illegal Alien" - Google News
Acting Attorney General Speaks Out on Immigration in Austin Texas Monthly
Matthew Whitaker repeatedly hammered the idea that people who enter the country without authorization are ”illegal aliens.”
- Wed, 12 Dec 2018 00:45:00 +0000: Trump, Pelosi, Schumer bicker on-camera in Oval Office spat over border wall - Home - Hartford Courant
President Donald Trump, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer berated one another on camera Tuesday over Trump's border wall, an Oval Office spectacle that underscored the distance between the two sides as they confront a fast-approaching deadline for a partial...