(Please have patience for this page to populate as the news is retreived from NumbersUSA.)
News about Illegal Aliens from across the USA.
- Thu, 26 Apr 2018 01:32:50 +0000: This RSS feed URL is deprecated - Illegal Alien - Google News
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
- Thu, 26 Apr 2018 00:03:00 +0000: Illegal alien gets 18 months for felon in possession of firearm - Monroe News Star - Illegal Alien - Google News
Monroe News StarIllegal alien gets 18 months for felon in possession of firearm
Monroe News Star
A Mexican national was sentenced Tuesday to 18 months in prison for being an illegal alien in possession of a rifle. Gerardo C. Rodriguez, 53, of Samluispotosi, Mexico, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge S. Maurice Hicks Jr. on one count of ...
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 22:54:00 +0000: DNA brings arrest of ex-police officer in Golden State serial killer case after decades - Home - Hartford Courant
A DNA match led to the arrest of a 72-year-old former police officer in one of the most baffling and sadistic crime sprees of the 1970s and '80s — a string of at least 12 slayings and 45 rapes in California by an attacker dubbed the Golden State Killer, police said Wednesday.
Armed with a gun,...
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 21:12:16 +0000: Judge: Administration Must Restart DACA Program Unless Rescission Justified - NumbersUSA Education & Research Foundation - For Lower Immigration Levels
A third federal judge has ruled illegal the Trump Administration’s rescission of the DACA program. But unlike other judges, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia Judge John Bates ruled the Department of Homeland Security must start accepting new DACA applications within 90 days if it cannot adequately justify termination. The ruling, however, may have helped the Administration by laying out what that justification might entail.
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 20:43:00 +0000: Former President George H.W. Bush out of intensive care, making progress - Home - Hartford Courant
Former President George H.W. Bush was moved out of intensive care and into a regular patient room at a Houston hospital on Wednesday as he recovers from an infection that required his hospitalization a day after his wife's funeral, a family spokesman said.
The nation's 41st president is expected...
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 20:41:00 +0000: HUD Secretary Ben Carson proposes higher rent for Americans receiving housing subsidies - Home - Hartford Courant
U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson on Wednesday proposed raising the amount that low-income families are expected to pay for rent - tripling it for the poorest households - as well as encouraging those receiving housing subsidies to work, according to a legislative proposal...
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 19:46:16 +0000: DHS to Reform H-1B Program, End Work Permits for H-4 Visa Holders - NumbersUSA Education & Research Foundation - For Lower Immigration Levels
In a letter to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, USCIS Director Francis Cissna wrote, that the agency plans to tighten guidelines on H-1B visas issued to specialty workers and end the issuance of work permits to H-4 visa holders.
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 19:45:00 +0000: Eversource To Cut Back Trees Along 4,000 Miles Of Power Lines After Winter Storm Outages - Home - Hartford Courant
Eversource is trimming back trees along 4,000 miles of power lines after swaths of Connecticut were left without power from violent winter storms.
Connecticut’s largest energy company said Wednesday it will pay $80 million to cut back trees in 121 towns, with the most extensive pruning being done...
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 19:37:00 +0000: Man killed deputy, stole his car and robbed store, Maine police say - Home - Hartford Courant
A man scheduled to appear in court to face gun charges Wednesday killed a sheriff's deputy in Maine, stole his cruiser and robbed a convenience store, officials said. The fatal shooting of Somerset County Cpl. Eugene Cole around 1:45 a.m. on U.S. Route 2 in Norridgewock triggered an intensive manhunt...
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 19:07:13 +0000: DHS to End TPS Status for Nepalis - NumbersUSA Education & Research Foundation - For Lower Immigration Levels
According to internal documents reviewed by The Washington Post, DHS Secretary Kristjen Nielsen will likely end Temporary Protected Status (TPS) status for the country of Nepal, giving some 9,000 Nepalis until June 25, 2019 to make arrangements to leave the U.S. and return to their home country.
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 17:54:00 +0000: Affair leads to murder-suicide in quiet Pennsylvania town, leaving two women dead: police - Home - Hartford Courant
When Jennair Gerardot found out her husband was cheating on her, she came up with a plan of revenge, one that would lead to a bloody murder-suicide and stun a quiet Pennsylvania town, authorities said Tuesday.
The victim was her husband's 33-year-old mistress, Meredith Chapman, police said. She...
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 16:40:00 +0000: How SCSU Is Normalizing Breast-Feeding On Campus - For Students And Employees - Home - Hartford Courant
Despite the changing demographics of colleges across the country (including more nontraditional students with young families), breast-feeding has never been a truly integrated part of the campus culture at most schools. Employees who breast-feed are protected under state and federal workplace laws...
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 16:32:33 +0000: $46654: Annual Cost of Detaining Illegal Alien Exceeds Average American Income - CNSNews.com - Illegal Alien - Google News
CNSNews.com$46654: Annual Cost of Detaining Illegal Alien Exceeds Average American Income
(CNSNews.com) - The federal government paid a “bed rate” of $127.82 per day to house each illegal alien detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement in fiscal 2016, according to ICE data published in a new report by the Government Accountability ...
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 16:30:00 +0000: Waffle House suspect's ex-bosses asked FBI to keep, help him - Home - Hartford Courant
The co-owner of a Colorado crane company that once employed the Waffle House shooting suspect said they urged the Secret Service to try to help him after he was arrested at the White House last year.Police say Travis Reinking, 29, killed four people and wounded four others with an AR-15 rifle Sunday...
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 15:37:00 +0000: Danish inventor convicted of reporter Kim Wall's murder, gets life in prison - Home - Hartford Courant
Danish submarine inventor Peter Madsen was found guilty Wednesday of torturing and murdering Swedish reporter Kim Wall before dismembering her body during a private submarine trip. He was sentenced to life in prison.Copenhagen City Court Judge Anette Burkoe said she and two jurors unanimously decided...
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 14:10:00 +0000: 'Playful dominance': The touchy-feely relationship between Trump and Macron - Home - Hartford Courant
There was, simply, so much touching.
The two men French kissed (chastely). They shook hands and held hands and clasped hands. And they embraced and backslapped and shoulder-rubbed.
They were President Donald Trump and French President Emmanuel Macron, and on Tuesday, they became even more entangled...
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 11:00:00 +0000: Liana Jorgensen Named Principal At Windsor's Sage Park Middle School - Home - Hartford Courant
The Windsor Board of Education didn’t have to go very far to find a principal to replace the retiring Paul Cavaliere at Sage Park Middle School.
Liana Jorgensen has been working there as the assistant principal since 2009.
Jorgensen, 40, was a unanimous choice by the school board to succeed Cavaliere,...
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 10:00:00 +0000: Why I Hate Social Media, Even As I Use It - Home - Hartford Courant
I hate social media. Yes, it is possible; an 18-year-old girl who isn’t obsessed with it exists.
I do have moderately active accounts on Snapchat and Instagram (for the nontech savvy, those are the ones with the quick pictures and the double tapping). Some may say having social media accounts makes...
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 03:52:58 +0000: Michigan Man Charged With Smuggling, Hiring Illegal Aliens In Casper - K2 Radio - Illegal Alien - Google News
K2 RadioMichigan Man Charged With Smuggling, Hiring Illegal Aliens In Casper
A Michigan man faces charges in Wyoming and Michigan for arranging the smuggling and employing of illegal aliens who were working at a construction site in Casper, according to federal court records. Conrado Badillo is charged with two counts of ...
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 02:35:00 +0000: Federal judge orders Trump administration to continue DACA program and accept new applicants - Home - Hartford Courant
A District of Columbia federal judge has delivered the toughest blow yet to Trump administration efforts to end deportation protections for young undocumented immigrants, ordering the government to continue the Obama-era program and - for the first time since announcing it would end - reopen it...